Full & Part time hair stylist positions available from 8hours per week
Competitive Salary and bonuses dependant on experience.
- Accountable to: Salon Manager
- Provide an excellent service to customers within the salon environment.
- Ensure customer’s needs are identified.
- Carry out treatments in a relaxed friendly and clean environment.
- Book customer’s appointments with efficient time allocated for each appointment.
- Provide consultation and advice to customers if/when required, especially with providing a colour
services. Patch tests must be carried out.
- Ensure completion of customer’s record cards for every Colour and Perm appointments.
- Operate cash register to receive payments from customers.
- Maintain a clean working area and sanitise tools after each customer.
- Promote and demonstrate products for retail.
- Attempt to resolve complaints/ customer feedback initially within the Salon with the support of
the Salon Manager with investigations where required
- Undertake general cleaning duties to ensure the Salon is kept to high standards.
- Ensure relevant infection prevention and control procedures are followed at all times
- Inform Salon Manager of any problems that may pose a risk to health, safety and
the wellbeing of customers or team members
- Maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of Urban Beauty.
- Attend and constructively contribute to meetings relevant to your role
- Be confident in knowledge to work independently, using initiative where required
- Be responsible for your own personal development and undertake relevant learning &
development, keeping up to date with the latest techniques, and have a creative flare.
- Ensure that Urban is a safe place to live and work, by following safe practices and responding to
emergencies as required
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Carry out any other tasks reasonably assigned to you
This job description indicates the main responsibilities and duties of the post and isn’t an exhaustive list.
- Experience of working in a Salon e.g. must be able to undertake cutting, restyling, blow wave, perming,
setting, application of colour, restyling of long or short hair.
- Demonstrate excellent Customer Service, face-to-face / online communication or by telephone
- Hold a minimum Diploma/NVQ 2 in Hairdressing/Barbering and be willing to work towards NVQ 3.
- Communicates clearly and concisely using a range of methods to a variety of people with different needs and abilities
- Works independently using own initiative and ensure the customers needs are met
- Prioritises own work balancing risks ensuring completed to the required standard and on time
- Be a good listener and understand Urban Beauty’s confidentiality procedures.
- Ability to undertake moving & handling of loads, e.g. delivery of stock
- Must be able to use different colour techniques e.g. foils, full head or root application, semi permanent
- Provide consultation and advice – be able to assess and understand the customers needs, but also be able to suggest
alternative styles, colours from own knowledge to suit the customers complexion, face shape and other physical
- Recognises professional boundaries and how to minimise risks to self and others
- Reliable and able to fulfil contracted hours and work patterns e.g. days, evenings, weekends, etc.
Ways to apply:
Email a copy of your current CV with cover letter to email@example.com or leave a copy of your CV into the salon.
1 Larne Street, Harryville Ballymena BT42 3AJ.